Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Chantal Kreviazuk


I downloaded the Chantal Kreviazuk's complication album, called Since we met. It's a good album. Sounds to me like Mandy Moore. But a little better, as she's a better songwriter. I heard that she covered John Denver's Leaving on a jet plane, which is one of my favorite songs of all times. She's a Canadian singer that has a Ukrainian origin, you might reckon that from her unusual name.
To me Pop music is like when you're tired of all the other music, you can tend to Pop and it won't let you down. But if you want to listen to it all day, and become a fan(?) of Pop music, that's not gonna work.
She has a very good voice to me. I didn't know her since two or three days ago. I like her way of music. Like Mandy Moore, not based on a rootless video singles. There are strong words behind the songs.

No comments:

Post a Comment