Wednesday, April 15, 2009

The Final Cut


To me most English band remind you of mistery, fog, cloud, unknown, and unrepeatably great. Like Led Zeppelin's "stairway to heaven", or nearly all of Pink Floyd's songs. I really like this one. It's called "the final cut". The beauty of Pink Floyd is that you can't find two people who think the same about one song. For instance some say "wish you were here" is totally romantic to them, some consider Sid Barrett. Here's the song anyway; my favorite lines are:
And if I show you my dark side
will you still hold me tonight
and if I open my heart to you
and show you my weak side
what would you do
would you sell your story to rolling stone
would you take the children away
and leave me alone
and smile in reassurance
as you whisper down the phone
would you send me packing
or would you take me home
Pink Floyd is really one exceptional band, that we won't gonna see ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment